Use the self-report Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory—Third Edition (SASSI–3) and Adolescent Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI–A2) to help you accurately identify adolescents and adults with a high probability of having a substance abuse disorder.
These instruments help guide appropriate treatment and are useful in a variety of settings. Both are effective even with those unable or unwilling to acknowledge relevant behaviors.
SASSI–3 subscales also evaluate:
- Attitude toward assessment
- Ability to acknowledge problems
- Risk of legal problems
- Emotional pain
includes five new scales:
- Family & Friends Risk Scale
- Attitudes Toward Substance Abuse
- Symptoms of Substance Misuse
- Validity Check
- Secondary Classification Scale (helps distinguish between substance dependence and abuse)
The Spanish SASSI
was validated primarily on males 18 years and older. The Administration and Scoring Instructions provide information on the development of the Spanish
SASSI, detailed instructions on administration and scoring, and guidelines for interpreting results.