The PLS-5 Screening Test provides an efficient instrument to help you identify infants, toddlers, and young children at risk for a language disorder. This tool can help you screen for a broad spectrum of skills within six speech and language areas—in just 5 to 10 minutes.
- Conduct infant, preschool, or kindergarten screenings of emerging developmental communication skills
- Identify children who may need to be referred for further speech or languag assessment
Features & Benefits
- Language items include the most discriminating test items from the PLS-5 and PLS-5 Spanish.
- If PLS-5 Spanish is used as the follow-up diagnostic measure, there’s no need to re-administer the test items from the screening—simply transfer the responses from the PLS-5 Screening Tests to the PLS-5 protocol.
- Stimulus pages, administration and scoring directions, and technical information are all included in one compact manual, simplifying administration.
- Record Forms are available in tear-off pads.
- No manipulatives are needed for children ages 3:0 to 7:11. For infants and toddlers, use toys and objects that are easily found within the child’s environment (squeaky toys, infant toys such as rattles, baby bottle, cup).
- You have the option of training paraprofessionals or teacher’s aides to screen speech and language skills using this tool.
Areas of Assessment
- Helps you screen emerging interaction, comprehension, and expressive skills of infants and toddlers
- Enables you to screen six speech and language areas emerging interpersonal, communication, and feeding skills for children birth through 2:11. These areas are:
- Connected Speech
- Social/Interpersonal Communication Skills