The Inventory of Suicide Orientation-30 (ISO-30) assessment provides an overall suicide risk classification based on measurements of hopelessness and suicide ideation.
How to Use This Test
Appropriate for use by psychologists, licensed social workers, and licensed counselors in outpatient and inpatient mental health facilities, juvenile justice evaluations, and school settings. The ISO-30 assessment can help:
- Identify adolescents at risk for attempting suicide
- Facilitating objective communication with the family, other counseling professionals, and insurance providers
- Measure abatement of suicidal symptoms after an adolescent has been hospitalized
- The test's brevity helps minimize test-taking resistance.
- Results help alert psychologists and counselors to the early signs of an adolescent's suicidal tendencies, providing the opportunity for earlier intervention.
- The test's adolescent normative base allows for more relevant comparisons than tests with norms that include adults.
Helps measure a broadly-defined construct of hopelessness using the total score from the 30 items. Suicide ideation is assessed by 6 critical items within those 30 items. The total score and the critical item score help determine overall suicide risk classification (high, moderate, low).
Clinical data were collected on 366 adolescents ages 12 to 18. A student sample included 139 students in grades 9 through 12 and 263 junior and senior high school students from an earlier version of the ISO-30 test.
Adolescent Profile Report (Product Number 51488)
This report includes the overall risk classification based on the total and critical item scores. Suggestions on how to manage the adolescent are based on the risk classification. Such information can be used in intervention planning and in communicating with parents and insurance providers about treatment decisions. The report also lists critical item responses and omitted items for clinicians to review in follow-up discussions with patients.
View the sample Adolescent Profile Report.
Q™ Local Software - Enables you to score assessments, report results, and store and export data on your computer.
Hand Scoring - Administer assessments on answer sheets and score them quickly yourself with an answer key.
- Allows you to score the assessments at your site.