Composed of 338 items, with the RC (Restructured Clinical) Scales at its core, the MMPI-2-RF builds on the strengths of the MMPI®-2 test to create a new standard. Psychometrically up-to-date, the MMPI-2-RF is linked to current models of psychopathology and personality. A comprehensive technical manual for the MMPI-2-RF reports empirical correlates of the scales in a range of settings, including mental health inpatient and outpatient clinics, substance abuse treatment centers, criminal court proceedings, personal injury and disability evaluations, and public safety employment evaluations.
The MMPI-2-RF provides a valuable alternative to the MMPI-2 test. The MMPI-2 test continues to be published and fully supported by the University of Minnesota Press and distributed exclusively by Pearson.
How to use this test
The MMPI-2-RF aids clinicians in the assessment of mental disorders, identification of specific problem areas, and treatment planning in a variety of settings. The test can be used to help:
- Assess major symptoms of psychopathology, personality characteristics, and behavioral proclivities.
- Evaluate participants in substance abuse programs and select appropriate treatment approaches.
- Assess medical patients and design effective treatment strategies, including chronic pain management.
- Support college and career counseling recommendations
- Provide valuable insight for marriage and family counseling.
- Support classification, treatment, and management decisions in criminal justice and correctional settings.
- Identify high-risk candidates in public safety screening and selection settings.
- Give strong empirical foundation for expert testimony in forensic evaluations.
- Comprehensive technical manual that presents empirical data.The technical manual reports empirical correlates of the scales in a range of settings, including mental health inpatient and outpatient clinics, substance abuse treatment centers, criminal court proceedings, personal injury and disability evaluations, and public safety employment evaluations.
- Nationally representative normative sample. Drawn from the MMPI-2 normative sample, the MMPI-2-RF normative sample consists of 2,276 men and women between the ages of 18 and 80 from several regions and diverse communities in the U.S.
- Availability of comparison samples. Descriptive data from a broad range of settings make it possible for test users to compare individual test results with relevant reference groups in settings such as mental health, medical, forensic, criminal justice, and public safety.
- Only 35–50 minutes to administer.
Save even more time—administration by computer takes only 25–35 minutes.
Software and report features
- Audio on-screen administration of the MMPI-2-RF
- Easily convert MMPI-2 records to MMPI-2-RF records for comparison
- Add comparative means and standard deviations for 18 different settings to your MMPI-2-RF Interpretive Report (product code #51563) or MMPI-2-RF Score Report (product code #51562)
- Add annotation, end notes, and hover text to your MMPI-2-RF Interpretive Report—see illustration below
Click for Larger View
Q Local 2.7 Enhancements
- Create customized comparison groups with the Comparison Group Generator
- Generate item-level responses for any of the 51 scales, choosing from a number of cut-off options
- Easily identify and evaluate scores by domain using a new one page summary
- Obtain scores for the new Response Bias Scale (RBS)
- Print an MMPI-2-RF report from an MMPI-2 protocol with the touch of a button
Q Local 2.8 Now Available
The Comparison Group Generator now allows:
- Import / export of custom comparison groups
||Cannot Say (reported as a raw score only, not plotted)
||Variable Response Inconsistency
||True Response Inconsistency
||Infrequent Psychopathology Responses
||Infrequent Somatic Responses
||Response Bias Scale
|Higher-Order (H-O) and Restructured Clinical (RC)
|RC (Restructured Clinical)
||Low Positive Emotions
||Ideas of Persecution
||Dysfunctional Negative Emotions
|Somatic/Cognitive and Internalizing
||Head Pain Complaints
||Multiple Specific Fears
|Externalizing, Interpersonal, and Interest
||Juvenile Conduct Problems
|Personality Psychopathology Five (PSY-5) Scales
||Introversion/Low Positive Emotionality-Revised
The MMPI-2-RF normative sample is drawn from the MMPI-2 normative sample. It consists of 2,276 men and women between the ages of 18 and 80 from several regions and diverse communities in the U.S. The MMPI-2-RF T scores are non-gendered and non-K-corrected.
- Interpretive Report: Clinical Settings (product code # 51563 for Q Local and product code # 21301 for mail-in scoring service)
- Score Report (product code # 51562 for Q Local and product code # 21300 for mail-in scoring service)
Report Samples by Comparison Group.
Q™ Local Software - Enables you to score assessments, report results, and store and export data on your computer.
Mail-in Scoring Service - Specially designed answer sheets are mailed to us for processing within 24–48 hours of receipt and returned via regular mail.
Hand Scoring - Administer assessments on answer sheets and score them yourself with answer keys and profile forms.